Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Biokinetic Golf Swing


Biokinetic golf is an attempt to help create "automatic golf swings" through the study of biomechanics and biokinetics. This swing theory was written up by Polish golfer Dariusz Jędrzejewski and works on finding a swing based upon human body limitations instead of human body capabilities. Like TGM, it's not a "one swing fits all" theory, but a vast variety of different swings based on differing limitations of each human body.



I haven't read all of it yet, but what I like about it is how it address the human body whereas TGM tends to avoid that completely. I've only read parts of it and Jedrzejewski has discussed things here and on the GolfWRX.com forum that I never new, but makes a lot of sense. For instance, according to Jedrzejewski states that if you're lead eye is your dominant eye, then you're likely to aim too far right to the target. I'm one of few I know whose lead eye is their dominant eye and I struggle with aiming too far right with all of my clubs. Another good tidbit from Dariusz is on hip rotation. He says you should imagine the downswing hip rotation as you trying to sit on a high chair behind you. He says imagine that your body is facing north and there's a high chair southwest of you, right behind you. You then try to rotate the left hip on the high chair. Dariusz states that in order to rotate the hips, the left hip has to actively rotate and the right hip (for right handed golfers) is just there for the ride. I'm currently working on footwork, but once I get that straightened out to where I feel comfortable with it, I'll work on that left hip rotation because through pivot is my biggest issue right now.



Anyway, from what I've read it's been really good stuff and very interesting. I'm not sure how much of it I will apply to my swing, but if a couple of things work for me, then it was well worth my time.



You can check out 'Biokinetic Theory of the Golf Swing' at Dariusz's Web site at http://www.biokineticgolfswing.ecom.net.pl/











3JACK

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Biokinetic Theory" Golf Swing Theory is very agreeable.

Check out some of our other Golf Swing Analysis Software products

Golf Lounge Resort said...

Thanks for sharing the information. Excellent post.

celebration location hamburg

hamburg leisure

sommerfest hamburg

dgv mitgliedschaft

golf spielen